Changes are in effect beginning July 1 for the 2013 – 2014 Risk Management Guidelines (RMG) assessment.
- Easy electronic access to your assessment via the VML Insurance Programs website.
- Immediate score tabulation as you post your updates so you can measure your progress.
- Annual update required for nine key components. Each year on July 1, nine questions will automatically reset, requiring the member to verify, by date, your position with regard to each. This affects elements such as annual training, update of physician panels, policy reviews etc.
- Key risk management areas included in the assessment include program oversight; policy statements; workers’ compensation claim management; driver selection; risk management compliance; self inspections; incident investigations; driver training; internal training; safety committee; vehicle accident review; safety awareness; and workshop attendance. Some or all of these functional areas may or may not be included in your assessment based on your coverage and premium size.
- Tier categories remain as Tier I combined program premiums less than $28,000 Tier II combined premiums between $28,000 and $125,000 and Tier III combined premiums over $125,000. Members select their appropriate tier before updating the questionnaire in order to populate their questions.
- Members still have the ability to select N/A for questions relating to coverage for which they do not purchase through VMLIP
What has changed:
- Elimination of duplicate questions that are reflected on your renewal application;
- Consolidation of questions relating to return to work and physician panels;
- New questions regarding personnel manuals, job descriptions, and training relating to employee performance management; and
- One new question regarding cell phone policies for drivers.
The revised assessment will require annual updates from members in order to qualify for valuable premium credits. For more information, contact your entity’s safety consultant at (800) 963-6800.
VMLIP offers more than just coverage. We are partners in risk management. How does your insurer stack up? Having all lines of coverage with VMLIP ensures that your organization is receiving comprehensive coverage and a wide variety of value-added services tailored to Virginia’s local governmental entities. Call for a quote today: (800) 963-6800. For more information on VMLIP visit: www.vmlins.org or follow us on Facebook.
** VMLIP blog postings are offered for VMLIP members to utilize in strengthening their risk management efforts. See copyright information for clarification on sharing this information.