Is 2013 – 2014 going to be the safest one yet for your school system?
It’s back to school season and VML Insurance Programs (VMLIP) has a plethora of resources to make sure your school’s 2013 – 2014 school year is the safest one yet. In addition to safety consulting for schools, VMLIP’s online resources for eligible members include videos, online learning webinars, and more.
Below is a listing of some of the resources offered. Visit http://www.vmlins.org for more!
Videos (Available in the VMLIP Multimedia Library)
- Inspecting Playgrounds for Hazards (VHS & DVD – 35 Minutes): An accurate, in-depth look at developing and implementing a playground safety program. Compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) guidelines. Review of preventive maintenance and maintenance schedules, frequency of inspections and fall protection.
- Slips, Trips and Falls for Schools (DVD – 12 Minutes): Produced by Spotsylvania County Schools and VML Insurance Programs, this video provides training on preventing slips, trips and falls in the school environment.
- School Bus Security: A 21st Century Approach (DVD – 15 Minutes): Walks school bus personnel through conducting a security assessment of your bus facility, performing a daily safety check, dealing with strangers and help in formulating a driver response team.
- Driving a Schools Bus in Fog, Wind and Rain (DVD – 25 Minutes): Poor visibility, the potential for hydroplaning, and the dangers of windbreaks are just a few of the hazards school bus drivers face. This video demonstrates how to use safe procedures when these conditions are present.
- S.A.F.E. Playgrounds (DVD – 15 Minutes): This program provides an overview of the importance of Supervision, Age-appropriate design, Falls to surfaces, and equipment maintenance to playground safety and can be used as an educational tool in discussing playground safety with professional and community groups. This video is produced by the National Program for Playground Safety.
- The Nuts and Bolts of Playground Maintenance (DVD – 13 Minutes): Produced by the National Program for Playground Safety, this program is targeted for teachers, parents, administrators, nurses, supervisor and all who can help maintain playgrounds for children. It is designed to provide an overview of the importance of proper playground maintenance.
- Playground Safety – Making the Grade (DVD – 14 Minutes) (English and Spanish): Playground Safety: Making the Grade is an innovative program that teaches school personnel how to maintain a playground and supervise the children on it to insure their safety. This training program covers:
- Supervising the playground and establishing playground rules
- Making sure kids know how to use the equipment
- Making sure kids are dressed properly
- Handling various playground injuries
Recorded Webinars (Available in the VMLIP Webinar Center)
- School Self Inspections
- Winter Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Managing Playground Risks (Must have P&L coverage to receive)
Safety Bulletins (Available on the Safety Bulletins page)
- Back to School Safety Checklist
- School Bus Driver Training
VMLIP offers more than just coverage. We are partners in risk management. How does your insurer stack up? Having all lines of coverage with VMLIP ensures that your organization is receiving comprehensive coverage and a wide variety of value-added services tailored to Virginia’s local governmental entities. Call for a quote today: (800) 963-6800. For more information on VMLIP visit: www.vmlins.org or follow us on Facebook.
** VMLIP blog postings are offered for VMLIP members to utilize in strengthening their risk management efforts. See copyright information for clarification on sharing this information.