It’s been a great year to be a member of VML Insurance Programs (VMLIP)! VMLIP continues to be the first, largest and strongest group self-insurance pool in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As your partners in risk management, we are ending 2014 with a list of highlights from the year. We wish you a very safe and happy New Year in 2015!
- VMLIP members passed 3,187 courses through the VMLIP Online University this year – up from 1,125 in 2013!
- VMLIP released two new human resources booklets on the Family Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act. Additionally nine human resources webinars were presented on a variety of topics such as Supervisor Training and Managing Employee Attendance Issues. Recorded versions are available online. In 2015, look out for new video or podcast shorts on HR topics!
- The VMLIP Risk Management Grant program was divided into two cycles this year to allow additional funding to remain available for members mid-year. The first cycle ran from July through December. The second cycle begins January 1 and runs until funds are exhausted. Watch for new updates in 2015.
- The new VMLIP Member Portal launched in December, replacing the previous exposure scheduling system utilized by members. The Member Portal allows members to schedule vehicles, buildings and to add member payrolls. Learn more here.
- VMLIP recognized 44 members for success in the Where the Rubber Meets the Road (WTRMTR) campaign at the second annual banquet held in February. Read more here.
- VMLIP launched the Virginia Municipal Airport Program, providing a variety of coverages tailored to the needs of Virginia municipal airports such as Hangarkeeper’s Liability, Non-Owned Aircraft Liability, Garagekeeper’s Liability, Bodily Injury and Property damage, and more. Learn more here.
- VMLIP’s communications consulting services continued to develop with the release of a Sample Crisis Communications Plan and an accompanying presentation, as well as personalized consulting visits and presentations throughout the year.
- VMLIP said goodbye to long-time Director of Member Services Greg Dickie, and welcomed new Director of Member Services, Jeff Cole.
- The pool experienced favorable losses, with provisions for losses decreasing $8.5 million in 2014 from 2013. Equity in the pool increased to $98.9 million – marking significant financial strength for the pool. We are pleased to announce that this increased member equity will allow the pool to lower rates in 2015!
VMLIP offers more than just coverage. We are partners in risk management. How does your insurer stack up? Having all lines of coverage with VMLIP ensures that your organization is receiving comprehensive coverage and a wide variety of value-added services tailored to Virginia’s local governmental entities. Call for a quote today: (800) 963-6800. For more information on VMLIP visit: www.vmlins.org or follow us on Facebook.
** VMLIP blog postings are offered for VMLIP members to utilize in strengthening their risk management efforts. See copyright information for clarification on sharing this information.